GOTS Cotton Supplier
Located centrally in Izmir, Turkey Egedeniz Textile support us with the supply of 100% GOTS certified cotton. The GOTS certification guarantees 70% less water use in the production process and no use of any chemicals or pesticides, protecting the health of farmers and minimising the impact on our environment. The certification is also subject to working and social conditions that are equivalent to those of leading social sustainability standards based on the key norms of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
These are just some of the great social and waste reduction initiatives Egedeniz are involved in:
- Plant 1,000 trees annually since 2009;
- Use solar panels on rooftops to obtain 50% of energy used;
- Have a refugee program;
- Offer additional living wage through the supply chain (together with brands);
- Sponsor seminars that promote organic, sustainable and GMO-free life;
- Sponsor local events such as chess tournaments for kids, welfare club;
- Organise projects for second hand clothes collection and donation;
- Reduce fabric scraps through computerised pattern making – they also recycle all scraps into furniture upholstery.
BeYonder is a profit for purpose, living wage employer and supporter of the Scottish Business Pledge. These guys support us on sampling, prototyping, size grading as well as small-scale production. Beyonder is dedicated to supporting sustainability in their supply chains, transitioning brands to environmentally stable materials whilst using innovation, technology & new business modelling to support a circular & wellbeing economy through a low to zero carbon approach. They are dedicated to 11 of the 17 SDGs & have developed a non-displacement manufacturing model to support global trade in a low to zero carbon approach.
Nith Valley embroideries is a female-run small business located in south-west Scotland. The small team at Nith Valley helps us bring the Wearfer designs to life and carry out all of our embroideries.
They are strong supporters of local communities and often work with local schools bringing pupil-led designs onto garments. They are also committed to re-using and where possible completely cutting out single use plastic in their operations as well as recycling all waste generated from production.
Embroidery Threads Supplier
We use Madeira Classic thread, a 100% natural rayon viscose thread largely used in the embroidery industry. Madeira thread, made in the European ‘green’ city of Freiburg, Germany, is our brand of choice because of the extremely high quality of their thread, as well as their focus on sustainability. All Madeira threads are OEKO-TEX, which guarantees stringent production standards as well as optimum use of natural resources without harming the environment.
Some of the waste reduction initiatives at Madeira:
- Biodegradable Classic Viscose Rayon from sustainable sources
- Dyestuffs & chemicals only from registered REACH suppliers
- Acquazero (by Noseda) patented processes for dyeing, reducing precious water usage by 60%
- Wastewater purification conforming to rigorously enforced regulations for Freiburg, Germany
- World Class OEKO-Tex Certification for products
- Highest Quality in colour fastness & tenacity – long lasting embroideries
- Reduced embroidery time due to smooth running of threads – energy saving production
- No APOs used in finishing – so nothing to contaminate water courses when completed embroideries are washed
Often overlooked, we see clothing labels as an important part of each Wearfer product. We partnered with EE labels to bring the most ethical and environmentally friendly label to our garments.
EE labels places value and importance of sustainability and CSR. Their use of Newlife™ and OEKO-TEX® Standaard 100 yarns as well as 100% green energy are some great examples of their commitment. These guys are the first manufacturing fascility in The Netherlands to meet the OEKO-TEX® SteP – certificate standards, which guarantees permanent implementation of environmentally friendly production processes, optimal health and safety protection and socially responsible working conditions.
Hatch is a planet-friendly and eco-sustainable printing company and is our choice for Wearfer clothing tags. They use only recycled, plantable and compostable materials and Soy based vegan inks.
Shipping and delivery might seem like the last stretch of the buying journey but at Wearfer we do not compromise experience and sustainability. Noissue is our provider for custom, sustainable packaging to ensure the most user and planet friendly delivery experience. They provide us with compostable mailers, recycled Thank you cards and (noissue) Tissue, all made using FSC certified and acid free paper printed with soy ink.